Monday, November 10, 2008

If You Don't Have Something Nice to Say....

I have not written in sometime. This is due to many circumstances, none of which have been enjoyable. I love to write about things going on in my life, but not really the bad things or the negative things. I feel like there is enough of that on the news so I try to keep this more upbeat and positive.

As my Mom always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." So I have been quiet. But here I am, back in the swing of things. I will give you a small sampling of some of the things that have been going on. Last post was hurricane Ike. That sums up no power, water, phone or food. Garage and roof damage totaling hmmm $2300 dollars. The loss of all food in my deep freeze and two other freezers! Then there were all the trees that were destroyed by wind gusts. Well my experience with one tree caused a horrendous case of poison ivy which after three visits to the doctor and one to the hospital is still haunting me. Two of my kids had it also but they managed to get by with one doctor visit each!

Then there were the eye opening parental moments that I have endured which were truly the low points in my parenting repoirtire up to this point. I hope to never have to deal with some of the things that I have in the last two months, ever again. EVER. That being said, I have reached down very deeo for some inspiration, hope and have called on my faith to muster up the strength to move forward.

Here I am.

No comments: