The Wizard of Oz was on tonight. I have a confession to make. I have watched that movie a bazillion times. Yes, really, a bazillion times. How I failed to notice in the last 40 years that Dorothy's relatives were in fact the Lion, the Scarecrow and the Tin man I do not know???!!!! I think it was last year I realized maybe the year before. But no matter, I should have noticed a lot sooner!
I consider myself to be pretty observant, but I missed that. What else have I missed out on? Really at this time of year, it is the time to be wondering about all that you have- not what you have missed! I have so very much! I have five healthy, hormonal teenagers! I know they have healthy lungs because they used to cry like it was a sporting event and they were competing for a medal! Gold medal winners every one of em! I have a home, a car-two cars actually. I have so many friends and acquaintances. I can walk down State Road 64 any day of the week and there are so many friendly people out there that I can feel loved just from the 8 mile stretch! They wave and smile-I don't know most of them, but it doesn't matter. I feel like I do.
I have a job-a crazy one sometimes but a job! I get to help people which is always nice. I have missed somethings in life but I am sure glad for all the things I haven't missed!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
Really? you did not know that they were her family, don't forget the wizard, he was the fortune teller in her "dream" good luck!!! miss guilch, i don't know how to spell it is the witch too- what would susan say my pretty
I just saw the Wizard of Oz in High Definition this week. There's a lot more all of us have missed!
You're reminding me I should have this movie on my list of favorites.
Post a Comment