After I get this first post under my belt, what will I be then? See, these are the types of things that go through my mind. I have been following several blogs for awhile now and decided to join the blogging community. I am not sure why but I guess that should not matter now. So here I am ready to talk to all of you about whatever crosses my mind.
For instance, today I woke up at 3:38PM. Oh! Did I mention I work third shift? Well I do. I work third shift as a 911 dispatcher and oh the stories I could tell. This job makes me wonder all kinds of things. But anyway, I woke up and was amazed that I had slept so late.
Random thought-well it isn't really random but the reason I slept so late was because I have these joint pains...elbows, shoulders etc. So I was told by a friend that "Trigosamine" was this really great blend of glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronate. It is supposed to help with joint pain. So I am all over it because the pain is really bothersome. I had taken it for two days and just out of the blue I start itching all over. It started with my legs. Well I figured it was razor burn. So as I am eating breakfast I read the label of the box. GUESS WHAT! It contains shellfish. Hmmmm. Aren't I allergic to shellfish? Why yes I am. Probably should not take any more Trigosamine. So when I got off work yesterday morning I took a benedryl. THAT is why I slept until 3:38PM. The stuff knocks me out in to the netherworld of unconsciousness.
Which catches us back up to I slept until 3:38PM. I got out of bed and threw on some clothes which were conveniently located next to my bed. On the floor. I left them there because I just knew I would need them when I got up and I wanted to make sure I could find them. I unloaded my car and kissed my son Zachary hello. He had just climbed in the house through his bedroom window. Want to know why? Because his mother locked the door and slept until 3:38PM. The school bus drops him off at 3:30PM. I am not sure if he rang the doorbell or not but bless his heart if he did I slept right through it. Zachary..he is another post entirely.
I have five children by the way. Yes they all have the same Dad and yes I was raised Catholic. Now that also could be several posts. No, I am no longer married. We will get to all that later.
My friend Aimee was in town this week for a trial. She used to be a police officer in Louisville,KY. Her husband took a job in South Carolina and so she retired from the force and moved with her family to the Charleston area. She has been gone for a year but one of her cases she was working just now came up for trial. The wheels of justice move oh so slowly. So once I raced out of bed I ran some errands-did I mention I teach rubber stamping? Another post, another day. Those errands were stamping related just so you don't think I am suffering from severe ADD! I probably am though. I finished my errands and then took off for Tumbleweed down on the waterfront. The waterfront is located along the Ohio River. It can be on the Indiana side or the Kentucky side. We share it! isn't sharing great? We all learned that in kindergarten. But this Tumbleweed is in Kentucky. We don't have one on the Indiana waterfront. We have them in various other locations, just not on the waterfront. I will post some pictures to go with this opening blog later today....Bye for now!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment