I had fully intended to write about something more uplifting than stupid people tonight. BUT we all know how it is with stupid people! I am a 911 operator. For those of you who don't know, 911 is for emergencies! Not for parade times and not for trick or treat times.
When I answer 911 Where is your emergency? I honestly don't know why I am ever shocked but I am, each and every time when the caller responds "I don't really have an emergency" then WHY, why are you calling 911?
Another personal favorite is "I don't want to get involved" Okay, so why are you calling? I mean for me personally, if I don't want to be involved in something then my first instinct is to do nothing.
Tonight, I got a call from a man who didn't know who else to call so he chose me, the 911 operator to tell this emergency to: "Yes, I was just at the corner of Dumb and Dumber and I saw a deer standing in the middle of the roadway. He moved for me but then he went right back out into the middle of the road. Someone is going to hit him."
Let me just say this. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE CIRCLE OF LIFE? Have you not seen Bambi? It is safe to say that on a Saturday night of a holiday weekend there is a really good chance that someone may hit that deer. What would you like me to do to take care of this for you? I can go hit it with my car if you are tired of waiting? I can send an officer out to shoot it. Oh wait, you were concerned for his safety. Here is an idea, call someone who cares.
I just wonder why people think that the police can solve everything. It is not like they are superheros. Some of these officers have a difficult time remembering their car number. Throwing wild animals into the mix is just asking for trouble. I feel certain that if I had sent an officer out to check the welfare of the deer he would have hit it head on. Then he would have asked, "Radio advise me again what the nature of this run is." And I would have said "disregard" in my calmest voice.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment