Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....I do so love that song! I actually love the musical completely! I love lots of musicals. The Sound of Music is just one of many. I love to sing too! Now if you ask my sister Susan, and we aren't asking her, she will say that I cannot sing. However this is only because she believes she CAN sing. I hate to say it but she can. But so can I! I just don't sing like her. Isn't that why God made us all different? My friend Amany, whom I will refer to quite often, HATES when people sing around her! I try to refrain but every once in awhile I just can't help myself! My ex-husband always thought I sang well. (Maybe he was just being nice. I will have to make a point of calling him and asking!!! I will let you know the results)

I love a good book! One of the quirky things about me is that I read extremely fast. I have been reading voraciously since I was in the third grade. My first love was Nancy Drew. I read all of her books and even had my own detective kit. I always thought I would be a police officer which we will discuss later. When I was a kid I used to love to lift the fingerprints off the furniture with scotch tape. Lots of scotch tape in that kit! My Grandma Zannini made my little bag that housed all my detective wares! I really miss her.

I could recommend a good book or two! Some of my favorites are those written by Janet Evanovich. www.evanovich.com. She has this zany character that I know I could be in another life, Stephanie Plum. I love all things Plum. I have read every book cover to cover in one sitting. Of course, that is generally how I read most books. But I love her and I love Morelli more! Read her and you will too!

I love a good chick flick more than most. I am a sap through and through. My favorite website for anything to do with a movie is imdb.com. You can find any movie by searching by the name of the movie, a character, an actor etc. Plus the coolest thing about this website is that you find memorable quotes from the movie. You know, the lines you repeat for years after watching a movie you really love. Like me for instance. I LOVE "You've Got Mail" and it is because of one scene and one line. Greg Kinnear to Meg Ryan "So is there someone else?" to which Meg responds, "No, but there is the dream of someone else" and that line got me through my divorce.

I love stamping and scrap booking both. I love the company that I sell for-Stampin Up! That is another post all together! I love to create things-like this blog for instance! I love taking pictures and I cannot wait to get a camera I really love. Any suggestions? I love many other things but these are just a few to get us started.I love you for stopping by and reading! Bye for now!

No comments: