My kids went back to school August 7, 2008. It used to be that the start of school meant fall was here, Now it is more like we are in the neighborhood. It is just starting to get cooler at night. I smell leaves burning. I live in the country and that is allowed for those of you who live somewhere that it isn't kosher. But more importantly, I KNOW fall is close when football season starts. I am hoping to play fantasy football again this year, it makes the season that much more exciting! However the person that usually directs the league I played in has other obligations this year, so I am not sure what will happen there.
Fall. School starts and then you get the onslaught of Halloween decorations and hay bales and oh the corn stalks!! The aisles at any store are stocked with both school supplies, costumes and candy. Haunted Houses will begin opening and there will be spook runs and bonfires. There will be football games to attend that you will start out sweating and by the 4th quarter you will need a sweatshirt.
I love that the air conditioner can be turned off and the windows opened. I love summer, it is my favorite because I love to be outside. But there is just something about fall that almost ties it for favorite. I love that sometimes you can wear a sweater and sometimes it is still so warm that you can wear shorts until November. There is usually one channel that plays nothing but scary movies for a month straight! My kids are really too old to trick or treat, but sometimes they do anyway. I still enjoy the thrill of it all.
I love making chili in the fall and meatloaf and baking cookies because the kitchen won't be too hot. There is the Harvest Homecoming Festival to look forward to also and of course the World Series. For televison junkies there is the start of the new television season. Oh and I can't forget the mums. I love all the beautiful fall colored mums that are sold during the fall. The leaves will be changing and the drives I take will become as colorful as my favorite sweater. It is jsut around the corner!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment