Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurricane Season

While Hurricane Gustav and Hannah may be revving up down near Jamaica I feel like there is category five about to hit right here in Ramsey. If people tried to collectively collaborate at pissing me off they could not be more successful than they have this week.

I feel like my temper which can lie dormant like a good STD for years is about to blow like the top off a pressure cooker left unattended.

Here are some things I am left wondering. Why is it that when you say DON"T do something, kids feel like you are saying DO IT, DO IT? It is like when women say no and men hear yes. How does that happen? Are we speaking on alternate planes of the universe?

When you get two days off a week, why do coaches decide at the last minute to have a meeting over something that is not going to take place for three more months on the ONE day you have other things you need to do. Notice I said NEED. I NEED to clean my house, do laundry, pack boxes. I might WANT to cook dinner and eat and take a bath but those are things that are rapidly falling in the list of things that might get done next week.

My cell phone has decided it is not going to ring so I have missed a myriad of phone calls in the last few hours which is now a good thing. Because if I got a call from someone who only seems to find me amusing when they are intoxicated I would probably say something that I would only regret later. If my mother called me today I can assure you I would not be in a good place mentally to have a conversation about the weather with her let alone anything of substance. A phone call from someone asking for anything of me right now would surely end in carnage.

I have no vices. I clean when I am stressed and if I could get five minutes to myself today, I would have the cleanest house you ever saw. But since I can't clean I think I might take up drinking. I can take a drink in a cup to the meeting I am about to attend and maybe I will find it not nearly as aggravating as I do right now. Cheers.

No comments: