Do you ever wonder what inspires some people to greatness? For instance, Michael Phelps. What inspired him to be the Olympian swimmer that he is? I like to watch people and study what motivates them. My daughter Mallory is my best subject for observation. She is 15. She is in advanced classes and makes straight A's. She not only does well academically, but she lettered in four sports her freshmen year of high school. I have five children. What motivates and inspires her to perform at the level she does? What is different with her than the other four?
Tonight she had a soccer game, right after school. We walked in the door and she started asking me what we were eating for dinner. The next thing you know she has pulled my recipe book out and asked me if she could make spaghetti sauce from scratch. She amazes me every day.
I am inspired to be a good parent by many people. There is a couple at my kids school and they have ten children. I see them at sporting events, choir concerts, school programs and driving up and down the road daily. I figure if they can attend as many events as they do and always have a smile on their face-so can I! (Yesterday does not count as my children tried to kill me with will you and can I and I need)
I am inspired to do a good job at work from-oh wait. I am not inspired to do a good job at work by anyone or anything lately. No sense lying. Moving on. Exercise.
Truth be told I am motivated to exercise when I am stressed. Luckily I seem to have a windfall of stress in my life so I have been quite faithful with the exercising. I asked my boss what motivates him, as I have seen him running many times. I was inspired by his answer. He sees a 70 year old man running every day. Rain, snow or shine. From behind he has the legs of a 25 year old athlete but from the front he is a an older man. I think that is poetic.
Inspiration comes in many packages. What inspires you? Tell me, tell me I want to know!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment