Friday, August 22, 2008

Urban Myth Destroyed

Well anyone who knows me even slightly knows that I have this quirky habit of returning calls from the bathtub. (My sisters don't think it is quirky but we will get to that in a moment) As a busy mother of five, the only time I really sit down is when I am in the bathtub or the car. So it only stands to reason that a great time to give someone your devoted attention is when you are sitting still. Right? With me-good luck.

So one of the down sides to talking on the phone while soaking in a hot, bubbly bath is the steam. Great for the skin-bad for the phones. I say phones because I have gone through a myriad of cordless phones at an alarming rate. Let's just say that I have destroyed, single-handedly mind you the urban myth of what will happen to you if you drop your cordless in water. Here is what happens.....drum roll please.... Nothing. Oh, your phone is ruined. No grand electrocution-thank goodness just a broken phone. I know because I have dropped so many in the tub my kids don't even bat an eye.

What brings me to share this is I have just recently purchased a "Laura proof" phone! It is fully submersible and is a bright yellow and black color which makes it easy to spot under the bubbles. How do I know you wonder.....yes I tested it! Not on purpose of course. Never have dropped any of the eighteen million phones in the tub on purpose.




Here it is in all of it's waterproof glory. Made by Uniden and purchased at WalMart. What more could a woman want?

I personally like taking baths and my sisters all think I am weird. I have been known to watch a two hour movie in the bathtub -of course I have to reheat the water a few times. But hey-multi-tasking is a way of life for me. I work hard enough and I shouldn't have to stand to bathe. I deserve a break! Besides, my kids need help with their homework and I have calls to make. Thank you God for not putting cameras on these wonderful phones! Oh and thanks for bubbles too! Amen!
Bye for now!

2 comments:

Gossip Girl said...

What Laura failed to mention is that she uses dishwashing detergent as her bubblebath. Yeah, my cookie is burning thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

happy to know you bought a bath proof phone, and quit using dawn psycho