Tonight my son Kenny called me and he was feeling a little down. He lives in Louisville with his Dad. I thought he ought to come over and hang out with me. That would surely cheer him up. As we talked he told me about the gas prices getting ready to soar through the roof. He wanted to come hang out with me but hey, he is a starving student with nothing more than vapors in his gas tank.
I bribed him with gas. Is that wrong? Come hang out with me and I will fill your gas tank. We had so much fun going from station to station trying as a team not to get screwed too bad. We finally found gas for $3.99 which for all practical purposes a bargain. I mean there is a hurricane that might hit and might damage some oil wells and that might cause a shortage so I can definitely see where it would be important to raise the price of gas. That is a lie. Never mind that gas was $3.64 yesterday and I have seen no gas trucks. So the gas in the pumps is still the $3.64 gas. So we both fill up and then we go to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is where everyone goes in the middle of the night when they cannot sleep. Or when they want to show their son a good time. At least my son. My kids love going to Wal-Mart. They are so weird.
Guess what? We stopped one gas station too soon. We found gas for $3.85 across from Wal-Mart. Man I hate getting ripped off!! But on the bright side of things, Kenny and I had fun at Wal-Mart. We got some chips and went home and made queso and watched the movie "Vantage Point" which was really good. Kenny and I had a wonderful time and I hope he doesn't wait to long to visit again. He is all grown up yet he still calls me mommy. Warms the heart I tell you!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

5 comments:
there is a name commonly used for people who either go to walmart in the middle of the night and also think of it as an activity to do in the middle of the night- whitetrash!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!
Laura is my friend, and I must say she is the farthest thing from white trash. She just likes going Wal-Mart. Me, on the other hand, only go there when it is absolutely necessary.
I think who ever called Laura whitetrash is whitetrash herself!!!! Mrs. Anonymous--- I got your number!
I'm not white trash, I'm her sister. I don't think she's white trash, I was making fun of her for going to walmart in the middle of the night- just for fun. Good get my number
I am not white trash, although it certainly does seem that WalMart IS the white trash capitol of the world! I am usually amazed at the number of children that are there at 3AM-I am a third shift girl, so this is my standard time to be awake. I don't know about the rest of the people. No fighting please..this is a happy place :o)
Post a Comment